• Vietnam shrimp exports, valued at over $3 billion, making it the world’s third largest shrimp exporter.
• Vietnam has around 2,300 shrimp hatcheries, concentrated in Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, Khanh Hoa, Ca Mau and Bac Lieu provinces.
• Vietnam has about 350 shrimp processing facilities with an annual capacity of more than 1.4 million metric tons a year.
But, according to Le Anh Xuan, Chairman of the Board at NG Vietnam, which farms Penaeus vannamei in Ca Mau Province, Vietnam does not have a consistent supply of good-quality postlarvae for stocking ponds, and the hatchery industry is dependent on wild and imported broodstock.
Tran Dinh Luan, Vietnam’s Deputy Director of the Directorate of Fisheries, said the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has established a steering committee to guide the development of a domestic broodstock industry and has created favorable conditions for businesses to become involved in the process. “Hopefully, from now to 2020, Vietnam will be able to produce parent shrimp meeting bio-safety requirements and become self-sufficient in this field. This is necessary for Vietnam to raise annual shrimp export value to $10 billion by 2025,” Tran Dinh Luan said.
Source: Vietnam Economic News, June 21, 2017.
Question: Have Mininstry of Fisheries and Animl Resouces of or DoF, Bangladesh any Plan to Establish such type of Industry for Shrimp Farming Development of the Country to increase our export earnings and for —-?
Photographs for observation of Fisheries Authority, Bangladesh to realize what other countries are doing and what we are doing for Aquaculture Development.
1. The Domestication of Tiger Shrimp Project ( P.monodon)(DTSP) established by RGCA( Rajiv Gandhi Center for Aquaculture, India) at Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
2. Broodstock Multiplication Centre for L. vannamei established by RGCA( Rajiv Gandhi Center for Aquaculture, India) at Mangamaripeta village near Bhimunipatnam of Visakhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh.Source: Vietnam Economic News